Apple is a great choice if you value long-lasting, powerful batteries. The battery size and battery quality is an outstanding feature of all devices, the iPhone battery capacity is quite secretly eyed with envy by users of other brands. That's good, that's the way it should stay. Experience has shown that even the strongest battery may eventually weaken.
Did you know that you can contribute to maintaining this top performance over the long term? Read on and learn how to do this. After all, you don't want to run out of juice if, for example, you're on the go in Maltese casinos or enjoys a few exciting rounds of online slots in casinos with a German license.
Chapter in this post:
- 1 Where to check the battery: iPhone or iPad
- 2 The filling level influences the running time
- 3 You can see this from the read data
- 4 Save your capacity for important things
- 5 Important note for correct charging
- 6 7 tips for fine-tuning: Additional optimization and savings potential
- 7 These are the Apple devices with the best battery performance over the past 5 years
- 8 The Apple Battery Test Winners 2023
- 9 Perfect for high demands
- 10 Conclusion: Concentrated Apple power with quality batteries
- 11 FAQ
- 12 Can I replace the battery on my iPhone?
- 13 How do I prevent my battery from dying on the go?
- 14 What can I do to optimize the runtime of my Apple Watch?
- 15 Similar posts
Where to check the battery: iPhone or iPad
What does battery capacity even mean? Let's start with the basics. It is the amount of energy stored in the battery. Incidentally, a battery and a rechargeable battery are the same in this context, so the question could also be: What does battery capacity mean?
The answer for a certain iPhone battery capacity must always be a number in milliamp hours (mAh) because it is the amount of energy that can be stored.
The filling level influences the running time
The battery life is the time between two charges. Energy is delivered to the device gradually, with the rate determining when the battery level will drop to zero. Then the device has to be connected to the charging cable and recharged with new energy. Don't confuse battery life with lifespan. This is only expired when the battery irrevocably blesses the time.
To check the battery capacity, you only need to look at the manufacturer's information on the device. You can find these online if you can't find the information leaflet that came with your iPhone or iPad.
For information about battery consumption, go directly to “Settings” on your device and then to “Battery”. There you will find detailed information about which functions and apps suck the most energy from the battery.
You can see this from the read data
The battery status lets you see which apps are draining your battery in the background while you're not actively using them at all. So you already have the explanation why you have to constantly go to the charger despite sufficient battery sizes. You can deactivate or remove many apps based on this knowledge.
- You can turn off automatic updates for unnecessary apps in the settings menu
- At this point, you can turn off location services right away
- Turn off annoying push notifications so your iPhone doesn't drain your iPhone battery with lock screen interruptions
- In the battery menu you can also find out if and when your iPhone searched for network reception (searching also drains the battery or consumes energy)
Save your capacity for important things
By analyzing the energy consumption, you will know how much unnecessary battery capacity your iPhone has used so far. Now you can think about how to extend the runtime with countermeasures.
- Eliminate apps you never use
- If you're in areas with poor reception and don't need any reception at all, turn on Airplane mode
- In general, you can save a lot of energy with the flight mode, so you could get used to switching it on regularly (e.g. during working hours when you are not using the iPhone).
- Another energy-saving measure is reducing the display brightness
Important note for correct charging
Never charge an iPhone via USB on a computer when it is off or in sleep mode. This can lead to the battery being discharged and the charging capacity of the iPhone not being reached. When charging your mobile device, always plug in your MacBook or PC and make sure it doesn't go to sleep.
7 tips for fine-tuning: Additional optimization and savings potential
If you want to make full use of your iPhone battery capacity and maintain or improve the existing battery status of the iPhone, simply follow the tips below:
- Update the software regularly, because the updates often contain components that have a positive effect on the service life and maximum utilization of the Apple battery capacity.
- Avoid exposing the device to intense heat or extreme cold.
- Take the device out of the case when charging, as some cell phone cases lead to overheating and battery drain.
- If you are going to leave the device unused for a longer period of time, store it at room temperature in a half-charged state (recharge it to 6% again after about 50 months if necessary).
- Switch to auto-brightness or generally throttle the display brightness if that is more comfortable for you.
- Use WiFi instead of mobile data.
- Put the device in power saving mode.
These are the Apple devices with the best battery performance in the last 5 years
In this small overview you can see iPhone models that performed excellently in the iPhone capacity battery test category. The running time was defined under absolute extreme conditions, in normal everyday use the batteries lasted and lasted much longer.
|Model||Battery capacity iPhone in mAh||Estimated running time under extreme loads||Publishing year|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||4.373||9 hours 52 minutes||2021|
|iPhone 13||3.240||7 hours 45 minutes||2021|
|iPhone 12||2.815||5 hours 54 minutes||2020|
|iPhone SE||1.821||3 hours 38 minutes||2020|
|iPhone 11||3.046||4 hours 20 minutes||2019|
|iPhone XS Max||3.174||4 hours 45 minutes||2018|
The Apple battery test winners 2023
If you are looking for a new Apple iPhone, you are probably asking yourself: Which iPhone has the best battery? If you then look at any battery size table, the answer is immediately clear. It is that 14 iPhone Plus, which is the unrivaled leader in this test category with its 4.325 mAh. Only the iPhone 14 Pro Max is similarly strong with its 4.323 mAh.
Perfect for heavy use
With these dimensions, you can rely on the battery all day, but you should think about charging the device overnight. Due to the capacity of the iPhone battery, it takes quite a while to bring such a power pack back to 100%.
Conclusion: Concentrated Apple power with quality batteries
Now you know everything you need to know about the power supply for your Apple iPhone or iPad. All Apple devices are powerful enough to accompany you for many hours without the hassle of charging. In the future you will definitely be interested in battery sizes when buying new ones and do research when comparing: How many mAh does the iPhone have? In addition, you now have reference values to assess: How much battery capacity is good?
If you're already an iPhone owner, you'll no doubt be doing everything you can to get the most out of your Apple battery. As you have seen from our tips, it is often the very small things that can make a huge difference.
Can I replace the battery on my iPhone?
If your battery capacity decreases, you may want to replace the battery yourself. This is not advisable if you are a layman. Apple itself offers to replace the battery cheaply. There's even some kind of iPhone battery capacity guarantee with the insurance company AppleCare+. If the cell phone only charges to 80% or less, the exchange is free.
How do I prevent my battery from dying on the go?
Apart from the measures mentioned, with which you can optimize the capacity of the mobile phone battery and reduce consumption, the most pragmatic tip is: get used to taking a power bank with you when you are out and about.
What can I do to optimize the runtime of my Apple Watch?
Always install the latest version of watchOS. To do this, look under “My watch” → “General” → “Software update” and connect your Apple Watch to the charger after you are connected to the iPhone battery via WiFi. The update works wirelessly.
Jens has been running the blog since 2012. He acts as Sir Apfelot for his readers and helps them with technical problems. In his spare time he rides electric unicycles, takes photos (preferably with the iPhone, of course), climbs around in the Hessian mountains or hikes with the family. His articles deal with Apple products, news from the world of drones or solutions to current bugs.